Now you can invest in global blockchain companies through this mutual fund — here's how to do it
- Indians investors will now be able to participate in the emerging blockchain industry growing worldwide through this mutual fund.
- Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain ETF Fund of Fund is India’s first mutual fund scheme to offer investment in the blockchain ecosystem.
- These are details you need to know about the new fund offer and steps on how to invest.
AdvertisementFor those who are nervous about investing in a cryptocurrency but believe that large businesses can benefit from the blockchain technology, here is a chance to invest in such companies. The new fund offer opens on December 8.
Recently, financial market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) gave a nod to Invesco Mutual Fund’s Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain ETF Fund of Fund (FoF). This fund is India’s first mutual fund scheme that invests in global companies in the blockchain ecosystem.
The fund is investing in a global fund that invests in upto 50 companies that are into the blockchain ecosystem. Some of this companies include:
|Blockchain technology solution providers||IBM, Oracle|
|Cypocurrent exchange platform||Coinbase, CME Group|
|Blockchain payment systems||Square|
|Mining hardware company||AMD|
Interestingly, 15 Indian banks including ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Bajaj Allianz, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank have reportedly planned to adopt blockchain technology to start a new trade finance system. Reports say the new system will verify data using invoices on goods and services tax (GST) and e-way bills which will quicken transactions and also eliminate risk of frauds.
What is Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain ETF Fund of Fund ?
Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain is a global exchange traded fund (ETF) that invests in a portfolio of companies that are involved in the blockchain ecosystem directly or indirectly.
The Indian fund will invest in the underlying global fund and try to duplicate the return. The fund has delivered 96% in the last one year.
Here is how to invest in Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain ETF FoF and important details related to the fund.
|Fund opening dates||NFO opens on November 24 and closes on December 8|
|Minimum lump sum investment||₹1,000|
|Minimum SIP investment||₹500|
|Minimum quarterly investment||₹1,500|
Way to invest in this global fund is just like investing in a mutual fund. There are a list of new age fintech startups like Groww, Upstox, Zerodha Coin wherein you can start your investment easily in a few clicks.
Just one thing mandatory for any investment in financial markets is having a demat account.
If you do not have an account with any fintech mobile application, then you can directly create an account with the mutual fund house whose fund you wish to invest in. In this case, you can make an account with Invesco MF.
- Go the concerned MF website and click on ‘invest now’ or ‘invest online’
- Complete you eKYC by submitting your PAN and Aadhaar details
- Mention the amount you want to invest and choose frequency of investment
- You can also give online instructions to your bank to transfer the decided amount to the fund house in case of SIP.
Popular on BI
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts
- Best kitchen vegetable stands in India
- Pencil maker Doms to kick off December IPO season, fixes price band at ₹750-790