12 common, expensive things that aren't worth your money
Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- Whether you're overpaying for cellular data each month or choosing a large cable plan over streaming services, there are several ways you can cut costs and only pay for what you use and need.
- We spoke with several financial planners about common, expensive things that most people can do without.
Showing off lavish items is an undeniable aspect of American culture, but when it comes to making sound investments in expensive items, there are some purchases financial planners say you should likely exclude from your budget.
Before making an expensive purchase, ask yourself if you can find a cheaper product that will bring as much joy, Jeremy Straub, CEO of Coastal Wealth, told Business Insider. He said that while asking for joy from a product may be cheesy, it could help you think of a big purchase differently.Another question to ask yourself, Straub said, is: "Could I use this money on an experience that would last a lifetime?"
Business Insider spoke with several financial planners over email about common, expensive things that most people can do without. Take a look at the 12 items they say aren't worth the money.
Unlimited data plans
Name brand everything
Cable TV plans
A dozen roses on Valentine's Day
Self-charging robot vacuums
Overpriced steakhouse dinners
Loans to family members
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry