Photographer reveals what it's like to sail to one of the most isolated places on Earth
"For me the harsh conditions on this continent emphasize the beauty and the tragedy in the landscape," Koster told Business Insider. "This continent is so impressive, it makes one feel humble."
His inspiration for sailing to the cold continent was the work of photographer Frank Hurley, specifically his 1915 photos of Ernest Shackleton's ship trapped in the Antarctic pack ice, forcing everyone to abandon the boat and camp. While they were unable to save the ship, no lives were lost during the expedition.
Below, see photos from Koster's three day sail to Antarctica.
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade