Photos capture the emotional moment Hope Hicks and Trump said goodbye on her last day at the White House
Associated Press/Andrew Harnik
- Hope Hicks appeared to say an emotional goodbye to President Donald Trump on Thursday, her last day at the White House.
- Hicks was one of Trump's longest-serving and most trusted advisers.
- She announced late in February she was resigning from her position as White House communications director.
White House communications director Hope Hicks left the White House on Thursday, and gave what appeared to be an emotional goodbye to President Donald Trump on the portico.
Hicks, who was one of Trump's longest-serving and most trusted advisers, announced late in February that she would leave her post.
Since the announcement, Hicks has reportedly spent less time than usual around the West Wing. Trump has occasionally attempted to summon her by shouting "Hope!" or "Hopey!" when she's not there, CNN reported.
It's still unclear who - if anyone - will replace Hicks in the role, but several current Trump administration officials are said to be vying for the job.
The top candidates reportedly include Mercedes Schlapp, the White House strategic communications director, and Tony Sayegh, a public affairs official at the Treasury Department.
Photos from White House reporters captured the moment she said goodbye:
Trump posing with Hope Hicks on her last day, as he leaves WH for Ohio pic.twitter.com/p0ATPYBEI5- Sarah Westwood (@sarahcwestwood) March 29, 2018
Hope Hicks spotted with POTUS by pooler on her last day at WH pic.twitter.com/L576rwQUFD- Emily Ngo (@epngo) March 29, 2018
- Blinkit starts home delivery of 'Make-in-India' iPhone 15, 15 Plus
- SME IPO - Techknowgreen Solutions Limited IPO Oversubscribed 12 Times
- Checkout the ICC Cricket world cup 2023 matches that will be played in Delhi
- Finance Ministry confident of 6.5% growth in FY24 despite symmetric risks
- AI for all: The power and potential of democratising artificial intelligence