95% of workers are thinking about quitting their jobs, according to a new survey - and burnout is the number one reason
- Ninety-five percent of workers said they were thinking of quitting their jobs in a
Monster.com survey. Burnoutwas the most commonly cited reason for wanting to leave.
- Two-thirds of workers felt job opportunities were available to them, and 92% said they'd consider switching industry.
Nearly every single worker in a recent poll said they were considering quitting their jobs, with many citing burnout as the main reason.
Job site Monster.com polled 649 employed US workers on June 14, and 95% said that they were considering leaving their jobs, according to the results published earlier in July. A third of these people said burnout was the reason.
Worker burnout has rocketed during the pandemic - a recent Insider survey found that 61% of Americans felt they were at least somewhat burnout, and more than two thirds of respondents to an Indeed poll in March said they felt more burnt out since
The second-highest rated reason for wanting to
A majority of Monster's respondents, 66%, believed there were job opportunities available for them, and 92% said they were willing to change industries for the right role - a potential sign that workers are feeling more confident about their prospects in the tight labor market.
A record 4 million people quit their jobs in April, the highest number in 20 years, according to data from the Labor Department. Job quits rose the most in the retail sector and in professional and business services. A Microsoft survey conducted in January also showed that 41% of workers globally were thinking about quitting their roles.
Some companies have tried to tackle worker burnout by offering paid time off to recharge. For example, dating app
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i7 processors
- Best gaming laptops with 11th Gen Intel processors
- Best FreeSync monitors for a smooth gaming experience
- Best condenser microphones to record podcasts, songs and more
- Best wireless handheld microphones for parties and events