Biden extends eviction moratorium through March as new administration ramps up pandemic relief efforts
- President Joe
Bidenextended the moratorium on evictions through the end of March on his first day to provide relief to rentersstruggling during the pandemic.
- The moratorium extension was among 17 executive orders the president signed, addressing climate change, immigration, COVID-19 relief and more.
President Joe Biden extended the moratorium on evictions through the end of March on Wednesday, part of a range of measures meant to provide relief to Americans still struggling through the pandemic.
In December, Congress approved an extension of the eviction moratorium through the end of January, but absent Biden's extension signed on Wednesday, 30 million to 40 million renters would have been at risk of losing their homes, according to the National Low Income Housing Coalition.
Biden is also calling on Congress to provide aid to renters. In his
According to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, about 19% of renters were behind on their monthly payments in December, highlighting the importance of the eviction moratorium while the pandemic still hobbles the
Along with providing rental assistance on his first day, Biden signed 16 other executive orders, including rejoining the Paris Agreement, requesting the Dept. of Education to extend the pause on federal student loan payments, and reversing a series of measures from former President Donald Trump's immigration agenda, like halting border wall construction and defending minors in the US under the DREAM Act from deportation.
Biden on Wednesday also called for a nationwide face mask and social distancing mandate.
With the moratorium extending only a couple more months, Biden has requested Congress to further the extension through the end of September and plans to ask federal agencies to extend moratoriums on foreclosures of federally guaranteed mortgages.
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World