Massachusetts lawmakers want to give residents $250 checks to offset sky-high prices
Massachusettslawmakers rolled out a plan to provide direct paymentsto residents.
- Individuals would be eligible for a one-time $250 check, and married couples would get a $500 check.
Americans are still feeling the burn from soaring costs and gas prices — and Massachusetts lawmakers want to give them a little relief.
On Thursday, Massachusetts Speaker of the House Ronald J. Mariano — alongside legislators including Massachusetts Senate President Karen E. Spilka — announced that lawmakers "will act to establish" a fund to provide rebates for residents.
"Whether it is the rising price of gas, groceries, or summer clothes for kids, the Massachusetts Legislature has heard loud and clear that increased costs due to
Individuals would be eligible for a one-time $250 check, and married couples would get a $500 check.
The plan would provide a single round of payments to all taxpayers who earned at least $38,000 in 2021. It would cut off eligibility for singles earning above $100,000 and couples making more than $150,000. Most people would receive their payments before September 30.
"These rebates represent the Legislature's commitment to delivering immediate financial relief directly to residents of the Commonwealth, rather than to large oil companies that continue to profit off economic uncertainty and international conflict," the lawmakers said.
It comes as some states issue direct payments to help residents deal with
It seems very unlikely that Congress will approve a fourth round of direct federal payments similar to the $1,400
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World