A Utah man fired a gun at his father after he brought home the wrong chicken wing order, police say
- A 31-year-old
Utahman allegedly shot his father after he brought home the wrong chicken wingorder.
- Bountiful Police say that Alika Suliafu became "upset" and tried to shoot his dad three times.
A Utah man allegedly tried to shoot his father after he brought home the wrong chicken wing order, police said in charging documents.
Alika Suliafu, 31, is charged with attempted murder and felony discharge of a firearm, ABC4 reported. He was arrested in Bountiful, Utah - approximately 11 miles north of Salt Lake City - on Thursday, October 21 following the incident.
In the arresting affidavit, Bountiful Police said that Suliafu retrieved a firearm and pointed the gun at his father after arguing over
"When (Suliafu) discovered the wings were not the variety he liked, he became upset and began to argue," a probable cause statement said, per the Standard-Examiner.
Police said that his father begged not to be shot. He then ducked as Suliafu allegedly pulled the trigger.
The bullet missed the man, went through a wall into a neighboring apartment, and became lodged in the next-door neighbor's dishwasher, per ABC4.
Suliafu fired the gun twice more, while his father tried to wrestle him to the ground, police said, with both bullets hitting the ceiling.
The father eventually grabbed the firearm and fled the apartment, Newsweek reported.
Bountiful Police said that Suliafu had fled by the time they arrived, but was later apprehended and taken into custody.
He is being held in Davis County Jail in Farmington, Utah, according to the Standard-Examiner. Police asked that he be detained without bail because he is serving a plea in abeyance for an assault charge.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Samsung to make $11 billion profit on robust semiconductor business
- Reliance has to pay ₹6 per litre of petrol & ₹13 for diesel exported as tax — but rising margins may cushion it
- The OnePlus Nord 2T is the ultimate smartphone to buy this season
- SaaS adoption rises, so do the security risks. Here are ways to counter them
- In the battle between AI & Metaverse, CEOs choose AI