Disney reportedly held failed mediation talks with 2 women who accused a former ABC producer of sexual assault
Disneywas said to have mediated with two women accusing a former ABCproducer of sexual assault.
- One of the women filed a
lawsuitagainst the former producer Michael Corn.
- Corn has denied wrongdoing and said he'd defend himself against the claims "vigorously."
Disney tried to hold mediation talks with two women who accused a former ABC producer of sexually assaulting them, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Kirstyn Crawford, a producer for the "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos, filed a lawsuit against the former producer, Michael Corn, on Wednesday.
Two sources told The Journal that Disney held the unsuccessful talks with her and a fellow producer, Jill McClain, in June.
The lawsuit alleges that Corn assaulted Crawford on a work trip to cover the Academy Awards in 2015 and that Corn assaulted McClain 11 years ago.
It also alleges
corrective action for many years."
McClain is not listed as a plaintiff in the suit, but the filing said she supported Crawford's case to "ensure that Corn never has the chance to prey upon any other women, and that ABC is forced to address the hostile work environment that it has facilitated."
Corn told The Journal in a statement that he denied any wrongdoing and vowed to defend himself "vigorously."
Crawford also named ABC as a defendant in the lawsuit, alleging that she made the network aware of her claims against Corn in 2017 but the network "did nothing to protect" her.
Crawford is seeking unspecified damages to compensate for mental, emotional, and physical distress caused by the alleged incident and what the filing described as a "hostile work environment" Corn created at ABC.
In February, ABC launched an investigation into Corn's behavior after both Crawford and McClain formally reported their sexual-abuse claims.
Corn left ABC
Lawyer Milton Williams, who represents Crawford, told Insider in an emailed statement that "for both Kirstyn, and Jill, who is supporting her, the healing process has begun."
Disney and ABC did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.
Nexstar Media Group, where Corn currently works, also did not immediately responded to Insider's request for comment.
When the news of the suit broke last week, Nexstar said: "We have no comment on anything that may or may not have happened prior to Mr. Corn's employment with Nexstar."
At the same time, ABC News shared a statement with CNN that said: "We are committed to upholding a safe and supportive work environment and have a process in place that thoroughly reviews and addresses complaints that are made.
"ABC News disputes the claims made against it and will address this matter in court."
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Parents didn't pressure me says Indian-American prodigy who made it to 'world's brightest' students list
- VAHAN 2023 Jan report: Here’s which company sold the most, and the least 2-wheeler EVs
- Adani group market cap jumps ₹42,000 crore on Wednesday in Adani Enterprises-led rally
- OnePlus 11 vs OnePlus 11R – price, specs and features compared
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise