Man with Nazi flag who crashed a U-Haul near the White House has been charged with 'threatening harm to the president'
- Police arrested a man after he crashed a U-Haul truck into barricades near the White House.
- The incident happened around 10 p.m. on Monday night. Police found a Nazi flag inside the U-Haul truck.
Police have arrested a man who crashed a U-Haul truck near the White House on Monday night.
The 19-year-old driver was identified as Sai Varshith Kandula of Missouri, according to a press release from US Park Police. He is facing multiple charges, including threatening harm to the president, vice president, or family member, assault with a dangerous weapon, and reckless operation of a vehicle.
—Anthony Guglielmi (@SecretSvcSpox) May 23, 2023
The Secret Service said the incident happened just before 10 p.m. Kandula collided with security barriers on the north side of Lafayette Square at 16th Street, CBS News reported. No one was harmed as a result of the incident, which is under investigation by authorities.
Preliminary details indicate that the driver "intentionally crashed" into the bollards on the scene, US Park Police said. A video posted on Twitter by FOX5 DC shows the moment the truck drove into the barricades.
As the local news outlet reported, officials found a Nazi flag inside the truck. In addition, a notebook, backpack, and duct tape were also seized.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May