Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi currently leading in Chamkaur Sahib, trailing in Bhadaur
The counting of votes for the 117-Assembly constituencies of Punjab is underway. The AAP has established a clear lead, leaving Congress in the second position in the poll race in early trends.
According to the counting trends as at 9.55 a.m., the Aam Aadmi Party is leading at 84 and Congress at 18 seats out of 117 seats. Akalis are leading at 8 and the BJP and allies at 3 seats.
Punjab Congress president Navjot Singh Sidhu is also trailing at the third spot in Amritsar East. Former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh is trailing from home-turf Patiala. He is contesting against Aam Aadmi Party's Ajit Pal Singh Kohli. Shiromani Akali Dal leader Parkash Singh Badal is also trailing from the Lambi seat in early trends.
Early Trends: BJP leads in UP, Uttarakhand & Manipur; AAP in Punjab; Cong in Goa
Uttarakhand elections 2022: Former CM Harish Rawat of Congress leading in Lal Kuan seat
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires