Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi currently leading in Chamkaur Sahib, trailing in Bhadaur
The counting of votes for the 117-Assembly constituencies of Punjab is underway. The AAP has established a clear lead, leaving Congress in the second position in the poll race in early trends.
According to the counting trends as at 9.55 a.m., the Aam Aadmi Party is leading at 84 and Congress at 18 seats out of 117 seats. Akalis are leading at 8 and the BJP and allies at 3 seats.
Punjab Congress president Navjot Singh Sidhu is also trailing at the third spot in Amritsar East. Former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh is trailing from home-turf Patiala. He is contesting against Aam Aadmi Party's Ajit Pal Singh Kohli. Shiromani Akali Dal leader Parkash Singh Badal is also trailing from the Lambi seat in early trends.
Early Trends: BJP leads in UP, Uttarakhand & Manipur; AAP in Punjab; Cong in Goa
Uttarakhand elections 2022: Former CM Harish Rawat of Congress leading in Lal Kuan seat
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley