India reports a marginal decline; 861 new COVID-19 cases and 6 fatalities recorded in last 24 hours
The new deaths have taken the toll to 5,21,691.
Following a continuous downward trend, India's active caseload has declined to 11,058. Active cases now constitute 0.03 per cent of the country's total positive cases.
A total of 929 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours and the cumulative tally of recovered patients since the beginning of the pandemic is now at 4,25,03,383 Consequently, India's recovery rate stands at 98.76 per cent.
Also in the same period, a total of 2,71,211 tests were conducted across the country. India has so far conducted over 79.41 crore cumulative tests.
The weekly positivity rate in the country currently stands at 0.23 per cent, however the daily positivity rate is also reported to be 0.32 per cent.
On the vaccination front, India's Covid-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 185.74 crore as per provisional reports till 7 a.m on Monday morning. This has been achieved through 2,24,81,173 sessions.
Over 2.22 crore adolescents have been administered with the first dose of Covid vaccine since the beginning of vaccination drive for this age bracket.
More than 18.03 crore balance and unutilised Covid vaccine doses are still available with the states and union territories to be administered, according to the health ministry as of Monday morning.
These are the new prices for COVID-19 booster doses as India begins a third shot for adults
Elon Musk decides not to join Twitter’s board a week after becoming the largest shareholder of the company
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Workplace toxicity is common but not enough gets recorded, say HR veterans
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a tepid note amid mixed global cues: Adani group, Torrent Power, Mazagon Dock among stocks to watch
- These midcap stocks can be the next multibaggers, according to Goldman Sachs
- Auto and BFSI seen driving India Inc’s earnings growth this financial year
- Indian and Chinese households top the global food wastage list