Trump says Democrats are wasting the country's time on 'BULLSHIT' in angry tweet on impeachment
- President Donald Trump on Wednesday tweeted that Democrats are wasting time on "BULLSHIT."
- "The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone's time and energy on BULLSHIT," Trump said.
- This came as the White House locks horns with Democrats over the escalating impeachment inquiry that was launched last week over the Ukraine scandal.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump on Wednesday said Democrats are wasting time on "BULLSHIT" in an angry tweet that came amid an escalating battle with congressional lawmakers over the Ukraine scandal and impeachment inquiry.
Trump tweeted: "The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone's time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306. Get a better candidate this time, you'll need it!"
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi launched a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last week over a whistleblower complaint that centers around a conversation the president had with his Ukrainian counterpart.
In a July 25 phone call, Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter Biden. The whistleblower complaint accuses Trump of abusing his office to solicit foreign interference in the 2020 election.
Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden over baseless allegations linked to Hunter's work for a Ukrainian natural gas company, Burisma Holdings. There's no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of either Biden.
Though Trump has admitted he asked Ukraine to investigate Biden, the president has denied any wrongdoing and has painted the impeachment inquiry as a partisan "witch hunt." Trump has also been using the impeachment investigation to rile up his base and fundraise for his reelection campaign, raising $13 million within roughly two days after Pelosi launched the inquiry.
Prior to accusing Democrats of wasting time on "BULLSHIT," Trump on Wednesday tweeted, "All the Do Nothing Democrats are focused on is Impeaching the President for having a very good conversation with the Ukrainian President. I knew that many people were listening, even have a transcript. They have been at this 'stuff' from the day I got elected. Bad for Country!"
In a separate tweet, Trump also called on House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, who in that role is intricately involved in the impeachment inquiry, to resign.
The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone's time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306. Get a better candidate this time, you'll need it!- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2019
- Serum Institute seeks drug regulator's approval to start booster doses of Covishield
- Do you own an LIC policy? Here is how you can link your PAN before applying for the LIC IPO
- Ahmedabad and Karachi among ten cheapest cities in the world
- Deloitte India partners with News Broadcasters Federation to build an integrated performance and rewards forum for the news media industry
- Best bullet cameras for security in India