Two-thirds of Bernie Sanders supporters also would support Elizabeth Warren if she's the nominee
- 67% of supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders would also support Sen. Elizabeth Warren if she's the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, according to a new Insider poll.
- Comparatively, less than half of voters (48%) who'd be satisfied with Sanders of the nominee would also be satisfied with former Vice President Joe Biden as the nominee.
- Sanders and Warren have similar views on the issues, so these findings aren't entirely surprising. At the same time, this new polling further discredits the myth of the "Bernie Bro."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Comparatively, less than half of voters (48%) who'd be satisfied with Sanders of the nominee would also be satisfied with former Vice President Joe Biden as the nominee.
These findings are not entirely surprising given Sanders and Warren largely see eye-to-eye on major issues like healthcare, and they've both been courting the progressive wing of the Democratic party. Meanwhile, Biden is far more moderate on the issues, going against the two senators as they push proposals on Medicare for All, for example.
But it also further discredits the myth of the so-called "Bernie Bro," or the widespread perception that Sanders' supporters are white, male, and unlikely to support women candidates.Moreover, it pushes against the notion that most Sanders supporters are "Bernie or bust," or voters who would only support the Vermont senator. Insider polling actually found that only 13% of Sanders' fans like the self-declared democratic socialist and no other candidate, which is low compared to another candidate whose supporters are seemingly more stubbornly attached to them - including Biden.To help make sense of where all the 2020 candidates stand, Insider has been conducting a recurring SurveyMonkey Audience national poll. You can download every poll here, down to the individual respondent data. (Read more about how the Insider 2020 Democratic primary tracker works).Advertisement
- Suresh Raina retires from international cricket, 'joins MS Dhoni in his journey'
- M S Dhoni retires from International cricket, will continue to play IPL
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet