Trump goes on Sunday night Twitter rant mocking Elizabeth Warren, saying her campaign announcement 'would have been a smash' if her husband had dressed in 'Indian garb'
Scott Olson / Getty Images, Alex Wong / Getty Imges
- President Donald Trump on Sunday again mocked Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren's claims of Native American heritage and her nascent presidential ambitions.
Trump singled out Warren's instagram campaign announcement, saying it "would have been a smash" if her husband had dressed in "Indian garb."
- Trump has routinely attacked Warren over her heritage and has habitually referred to her as "Pocahontas."
- Last week, Warren announced that she had launched an exploratory committee for a presidential run in 2020.
President Donald Trump on Sunday night mocked Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren's New Years Eve Instagram announcement that she was taking a step toward running for president in 2020.
Trump also attacked her claims of Native American heritage.
The president tweeted that if her "husband had dressed in full Indian garb it would have been a smash."
He continued in a subsequent tweet: "Best line in the Elizabeth Warren beer catastrophe is, to her husband, 'Thank you for being here. I'm glad you're here' It's their house, he's supposed to be there!"
Warren has faced accusations of exaggerating her Native American heritage to benefit from affirmative action programs during her time as a law professor at Harvard University, but there's no record of Warren taking advantage of any such affirmative action programs at any point during her long academic career.
This has not stopped Trump from hammering the senator from Massachusetts on her claims.
Trump has reveled in nicknaming Warren "Pocahontas."
In July last year, the president said he'd give $1 million to Warren's favorite charity if she took a DNA test proving she has Native American heritage. Warren took the test and released DNA results suggesting she has some Native American heritage.
Trump went after her then as well, producing this meme originally shared by the conservative news site The Daily Wire, says "Warren 1/2020th." A seeming reference to her DNA tests.
Warren is considered among the top Democratic contenders for 2020.
If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash! pic.twitter.com/D5KWr8EPan- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 14, 2019
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests
- Four charts show how COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in India