2020 video of Trump calling Democrats' fascists' resurfaces after Republicans slammed President Biden for saying MAGA ideology was 'semi-fascism'
- A 2020 video clip of Donald Trump calling Democrats "fascists" has resurfaced on social media.
- In the clip, he says Democrats want to "replace American freedom with left-wing fascism. Fascists, they are fascists."
A 2020 video clip of Donald Trump calling Democrats "fascists" has resurfaced on social media.
The video, which has gone viral on Twitter, shows the former president speaking at Mankato regional airport, Minnesota, in August 2020 when he was on the presidential campaign trail.
He tells his supporters that Democrats are "fascists," saying they want to "destroy our second amendment, attack the right to life, and replace American freedom with left-wing fascism. Fascists, they are fascists."
—Matthew Sheffield (@mattsheffield) September 2, 2022
In August, President Biden caused outrage among Republicans when he declared that "semi-fascism" underpinned "extreme MAGA philosophy."
Following Biden's comments, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said MAGA Republicans allied to former President Donald Trump fit the "definition of fascism" and play a part in "attacking our democracy."
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times
- Malayalam survival drama '2018:Everyone is a Hero' is India's official entry to Oscars