Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she was 'MIA' for a week or two over a non-COVID 'health issue,' but is 'back at it today'
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortezsays a "health issue" sidelined her for the last couple of weeks.
- "Don't worry, it wasn't COVID and I'm fine now," she wrote in an
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said a "health issue" sidelined her for the last week or two.
"Don't worry, it wasn't COVID and I'm fine now," she wrote in an Instagram story on Thursday.
The second-term New York congresswoman didn't elaborate on the health issue in her post, but said it occurred "right when a series of major events happened."
"I'm back at it today, but was MIA for a bit to recover," she wrote. "Just wanted to provide you all some assurance that the silence wasn't political or anything as I know that worried some."
A spokesperson for Ocasio-Cortez did not immediately respond to a request for further details.
Ocasio-Cortez's post came before she to confirmed to Insider that she's engaged to her longtime partner Riley Roberts.
"Yep! It's true," Ocasio-Cortez told Insider of an unconfirmed report that she and Roberts were engaged.
Ocasio-Cortez's Twitter account has been uncharacteristically quiet since May 3. On May 9, The New York Times published a story about a "rift" between her and New York City's new Democratic Mayor
Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday said it's "back to regularly scheduled programming!" She added that she might do an Instagram Live later this evening "to catch up."
- Data you share with ChatGPT is not private: So be careful with what you reveal
- IPO demand may pick up in the second half of FY24 after macro headwinds settle
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI