An armed man accused of shouting 'I'm going to kill you' outside of Rep. Pramila Jayapal's home had plans to pitch a tent on her property, police say
- Police say a man threatened to kill Rep. Jaypal while driving by her Seattle home on Saturday.
- "Go back to India, I'm going to kill you," the man shouted while driving around Jaypal's home.
A man has been arrested after being accused of threatening to kill Rep. Pramila Jaypal at her Washington state home, several outlets reported.
Police arrested a 48-year-old man who they said drove around the congresswoman's home three times shouting obscenities.
One neighbor told police she heard the man shout: "Go back to India, I'm going to kill you."
According to police documents, the suspect was standing in the middle of the street when police arrived. He had his hands in the air and a handgun on his waist. The Hill reported that the suspect is Brett Forsell, but police documents reviewed by Insider had the suspect's name redacted.
The suspect told police he knew who lived in the house and that he wanted to pitch a tent on their property, the documents said.
Jaypal confirmed the incident in a press release.
"The Congresswoman and her family are safe and appreciate the many calls and good wishes she is receiving from constituents. She is very grateful for the swift and professional response from the Seattle Police Department, the US Capitol Police, and the FBI investigators who are working together diligently on the investigation, and ensuring that she and her family stay safe. Because this is an ongoing investigation, she will not be commenting further at this time," the press release said.
Jaypal's office and the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
The prosecuting attorney's office previously told the Hill that bail was set at $500,000 and a judge denied a request for a criminal harassment protection order for Jayapal.
- Pottery Barn signs Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador
- Snapdeal drops ₹1,250 crore IPO plan citing 'prevailing market conditions'
- Festive baton shifts to Great Indian Wedding Season, November registers best-ever auto sales, except March 2020: FADA
- Cyclone 'Mandous': Water to be released from TN's Chembarambakkam, Poondi lakes
- Collegium discussions can't be put out in public domain through RTI: SC
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World