AOC mocks DeSantis over his glitch-plagued presidential announcement on Twitter with Elon Musk
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez trolled Ron DeSantis and his allies on Wednesday evening.
- Ocasio-Cortez claimed she had more people watch her play a video game than DeSantis had on Twitter.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez trolled Ron DeSantis and his supporters on Wednesday as the Florida governor tried to announce his presidential campaign amid a glitch-plagued audio chat on Twitter with Elon Musk.
Ocasio-Cortez took particular issue with entrepreneur David Sacks' claim that the initial audience for DeSantis' Twitter chat broke the internet.
"We had more people join when I played Among Us," Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter.
At one point, the room planned for the DeSantis chat had around 400,000 people. But Sacks and Musk were forced to another Twitter Space amid the glitches.
"We've got so many people here that I think we are kind of melting the servers," Sacks said at one point. Even Musk, who now owns Twitter, conceded that the platform was struggling to keep up.
While Sacks claimed victory, the reality is that other platforms often handle many more listeners or viewers. Travis Scott famously had more than 12 million users join him on Fortnite for a virtual concert, an event that was considered a watershed moment for online gaming.
Even other audio-focused platforms handle a bigger load.
"i have been in bigger Clubhouse rooms," Verge Editor Alex Heath wrote of Sacks' claim.
- Surrogacy rules changed, couples with medical condition can use donor gametes
- Reliance Jio and Airtel add subscribers as Vi’s subscriber base continues to decline
- Sensex, Nifty advance in early trade on positive global cues
- Infosys CEO Salil Parekh joins USISPF Board
- Manohar Joshi: The 'Sir' with a stern demeanour