Biden's new presidential Twitter account follows just 12 people: Members of his White House and Chrissy Teigen
- Biden's new official presidential Twitter account follows just 12 other profiles.
- The accounts @POTUS follows are all White House figures, except celebrity Chrissy Teigen.
- Teigen asked Biden for a follow on Wednesday, saying she had been blocked by Trump since 2017.
President Joe Biden took over the official presidential Twitter account, @POTUS, on Wednesday, and currently follows just 12 accounts.
Eleven of them are White House staffers and figures, and the other is Chrissy Teigen.
Teigen had asked Biden to follow her in a Wednesday tweet, noting that former President Donald Trump had blocked since 2017.
Teigen frequently trolled Trump on the platform before he blocked her.
"Hello @joebiden I have been blocked by the president for four years can I get a follow plz," she tweeted.
—chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 20, 2021
She seemed genuinely surprised when another user pointed out that the @POTUS account had followed her later that day.
"OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!" Teigen tweeted.
"I can finally see the president's tweets and they probably won't be unhinged," she added.
—chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 21, 2021
The rest of the accounts that the official presidential Twitter follows are other members of the Biden administration, the White House Spanish-language Twitter account, first lady Jill Biden, and second gentleman Douglas Emhoff.
Biden got more than 5 million followers in less than 24 hours after taking the @POTUS account. Twitter reset the follower count to zero before handing it over from Trump to Biden on Wednesday.
Teigen and the couple's two children had accompanied Legend to Washington, DC, for the performance.
Teigen and Legend joined revelers in the streets of Los Angeles after Biden won the election last November.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day