Biden's pollster addresses speculation of a Biden-Trump rematch in 2024: 'No one else that could beat Trump'
- President Biden's pollster said Biden is the best Democrat to challenge Trump in
- "You go head-to-head and
Joe Biden's always ahead of him," John Anzalone said.
President Joe Biden's pollster says there's 'no indication' the president won't seek reelection in 2024, arguing that Democrats don't have an alternative who could beat former President
"I think that … a lot of us feel that if Trump runs, there's no one else that could beat Trump [other] than Joe Biden," John Anzalone told Politico's Ryan Lizza in an interview published on Friday.
As for whether or not Biden will actually run, Anzalone said there's "no indication that he won't run." Biden, who is already the oldest president in American history, has also refused to rule out a second term.
"I'd be very fortunate if I had that same man running against me," Biden recently told reporters.
Anzalone said the 2022 midterms are shaping up to be the "worst political environment" for Democrats of his lifetime. But the good news, Anzalone says, is that even with anemic approval ratings Biden is still leading Trump in a hypothetical 2024 rematch.
"You go head-to-head and Joe Biden's always ahead of him," Anzalone said. "Not by a lot — one or two points. … Even at his lowest approval rating, he still beats Donald Trump."
Trump is very publicly flirting with a 2024 run, even referring to himself as the 47th president. Some of his potential challengers for the GOP presidential nomination have pledged to not run if Trump decides to try to become the first president since Grover Cleveland to try to successfully reclaim the
Biden's current numbers have sparked massive concerns among Democrats. According to the FiveThirtyEight's weighted average, the president has a 41.6% approval rating.
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story