Bodycam video shows a DC police officer being assaulted by Capitol rioters, with one yelling: 'I got one!'
- CNN aired footage of a Washington, DC, police officer being attacked during the Capitol riot.
- The officer, Michael Fanone, can be heard screaming while a voice from the crowd said: "I got one!"
- The officer is also heard pleading, saying, "I have kids."
Body-camera footage shows a Washington, DC, police officer being assaulted by rioters at the January 6 Capitol insurrection.
The footage, obtained by CNN, is from the body camera worn during the riot by Officer Michael Fanone of the Metropolitan Police Department. Five people, including a Capitol Police officer, died as a result of the violence.
In the video, Fanone could be heard screaming while a voice said, "I got one!"
Watch the clip here:
-CNN Tonight (@CNNTonight) May 13, 2021
The video recorded rioters attacking Fanone with a stun gun, CNN reported.
At one point, Fanone can be heard pleading, saying: "I have kids."
At one point, another person in the crowd seems to intervene and get others to move away from Fanone, saying, "Don't hurt him."
Prosecutors say that during the riot Fanone was shot with a stun gun several times, dragged down steps, and beaten with a flagpole, and that he had a heart attack.
Fanone previously told CNN he was left with post-traumatic stress disorder.
More than 470 people have been charged in the insurrection so far.
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details