'Depressed, anxious, nauseated': Katie Hill reacts to allegations that Matt Gaetz shared nude images of women on the House floor
- Former Rep. Katie Hill said on Saturday that she felt "nauseated" after the Matt Gaetz allegations.
- Hill was forced to resign in October 2019 after the Daily Mail published nude images of her.
- Gaetz has been accused of showing his colleagues in the House nude images of women.
In addition to the allegations of sex trafficking, Gaetz has been accused of showing other lawmakers images of nude women he claimed to have slept with, CNN reported on Thursday. The Florida Republican is said to have shown these photos in private and on the House floor.
Hill was forced to resign in October 2019 after the British tabloid the Daily Mail published nude images of her.
The Daily Mail report also detailed claims that Hill was involved in a relationship with her ex-husband and a female campaign staffer during her run for Congress.
She blamed her ex-husband for the publication of the photos and left Congress vowing to combat revenge porn.
"The last few days I've been depressed, anxious, nauseated, and haven't wanted to leave the house or even talk to the people I love," Hill said on Twitter on Saturday.
"If you've been the victim of nonconsensual intimate image abuse and are feeling the same way, please reach out to CCRI," she added, referring to the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative. "You're not alone."
-Katie Hill (@KatieHill4CA) April 3, 2021
Hill and Gaetz developed an unlikely friendship while serving together in Congress.
In 2019, Gaetz defended Hill after the publication of the photos, tweeting: "I serve on Armed Services with Katie and while we frequently disagree on substance, she is always well-prepared, focused and thoughtful."
Hill also jumped to Gaetz's defense in 2020 when he said that he had raised a young man from Cuba as his son.
Revenge porn, the act of nonconsensually sharing explicit photos online, has increasingly been a concern for celebrities and public figures, and it especially affects women. But many experts say the name "revenge porn" is misleading, Insider reported in 2019.
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO