Donald Trump had McDonald's delivered to the hospital while he was being treated for COVID-19, reports say
- Donald Trump reportedly had McDonald's brought to the hospital while he had COVID-19 in October 2020.
- New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman said she read the detail in Mark Meadows' upcoming book.
Former President Donald Trump had McDonald's brought to Walter Reed hospital while he was treated for COVID-19 in October 2020, reports say.
The details have reportedly been included in an upcoming book by Mark Meadows, former White House chief of staff, seen by New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.
—Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) December 4, 2021
"Trump had McDonald's brought to Walter Reed after the Regeneron started kicking in, per Meadows," Haberman wrote on Twitter.
While infected with COVID-19, the former president took the experimental antibody drug Regeneron to treat his symptoms.
"They had to eat with face shields on at the doctor's orders, which didn't thrill any of them," she added.
The former president's love of fast food has been well-documented.
Trump's standard order at McDonald's consisted of two Big Macs, two Filet-O-Fish, and chocolate malt, according to a book by his former campaign aides Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie.
The order totals nearly 2,500 calories or about one day's worth of food for a man his age.
The former president reportedly loves fast food in part because of a "longtime fear" of being poisoned, Michael Wolff wrote in his book "Fire and Fury."
He also reportedly believes that McDonald's is cleaner than many other restaurants.
The latest detail from Meadows' book comes after a bombshell revelation about the former president's COVID diagnosis.
The Guardian reported that Meadows' book reveals that Trump tested positive, then negative, for COVID-19 three days before his first presidential debate against then-candidate Joe Biden.
Trump responded with a statement claiming, "The story of me having COVID prior to, or during, the first debate is Fake News."
Meadows later told Newsmax that he agreed with Trump: "The president's right. It's fake news."
The former chief of staff has long been a loyal supporter of former President Trump.
In October, Trump said Meadows' book would be an "incredible Christmas present" for those who "want to learn about politics, truth, our great administration."
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World