Donald Trump had McDonald's delivered to the hospital while he was being treated for COVID-19, reports say
- Donald Trump reportedly had McDonald's brought to the hospital while he had COVID-19 in October 2020.
- New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman said she read the detail in Mark Meadows' upcoming book.
Former President Donald Trump had McDonald's brought to Walter Reed hospital while he was treated for COVID-19 in October 2020, reports say.
The details have reportedly been included in an upcoming book by Mark Meadows, former White House chief of staff, seen by New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.
—Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) December 4, 2021
"Trump had McDonald's brought to Walter Reed after the Regeneron started kicking in, per Meadows," Haberman wrote on Twitter.
While infected with COVID-19, the former president took the experimental antibody drug Regeneron to treat his symptoms.
"They had to eat with face shields on at the doctor's orders, which didn't thrill any of them," she added.
The former president's love of fast food has been well-documented.
Trump's standard order at McDonald's consisted of two Big Macs, two Filet-O-Fish, and chocolate malt, according to a book by his former campaign aides Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie.
The order totals nearly 2,500 calories or about one day's worth of food for a man his age.
The former president reportedly loves fast food in part because of a "longtime fear" of being poisoned, Michael Wolff wrote in his book "Fire and Fury."
He also reportedly believes that McDonald's is cleaner than many other restaurants.
The latest detail from Meadows' book comes after a bombshell revelation about the former president's COVID diagnosis.
The Guardian reported that Meadows' book reveals that Trump tested positive, then negative, for COVID-19 three days before his first presidential debate against then-candidate Joe Biden.
Trump responded with a statement claiming, "The story of me having COVID prior to, or during, the first debate is Fake News."
Meadows later told Newsmax that he agreed with Trump: "The president's right. It's fake news."
The former chief of staff has long been a loyal supporter of former President Trump.
In October, Trump said Meadows' book would be an "incredible Christmas present" for those who "want to learn about politics, truth, our great administration."
- In yet another setback to Ola's quality control, a user has alleged that his Ola S1 Pro's front suspension broke while driving
- Kia EV6 is now up for pre-booking in India — All you need to know about the futuristic electric vehicle
- IT jobs are safer than startup jobs but a salary bubble burst awaits them
- This travel agency stock has given 183% returns in a year - after pandemic changed its fortunes
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction