Donald Trump said it would be 'very hard for me not to run' against Joe Biden in 2024, in latest hint about third presidential bid
- Donald Trump said it would be "very hard" not to run against Joe Biden in 2024.
- The former president discussed when and if he would announce his candidacy while appearing on a talk show.
Former President Donald Trump said it would be "very hard" for him to not run for president against Joe Biden in 2024, in the latest hint about his intent to run.
While appearing on The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show on Friday, the former president was asked: "Knowing what you know and seeing what you see of Joe Biden, how do you not run in 2024?"
"Very hard for me not to run, to be honest," Trump responded.
"And also, the polls indicate that, from the Republican standpoint, it would be easy. And I think from, like… I was up 11 points against Biden the other day. I don't think he's gonna run."
Trump went on to discuss poll numbers, and claimed that he now has "the best poll numbers now I've ever had."
Recent polls have consistently suggested that Trump would beat Biden in a potential match-up, according to polling data aggregator RealClearPolitics.
Trump's most likely contender in a Republican primary for 2024 would be rising star Florida governor Ron DeSantis.
After discussing upcoming midterms, talk show host Sexton asked Trump if he was going to announce his candidacy when it would be.
Trump went on to muse over the benefits of announcing before or after midterms, and claimed: "if we do badly, they'll blame me no matter what even if I had nothing to do with it."
Sources close to the president have previously suggested he is more likely to announce before midterms.
While remaining coy about whether or not he will run, the former president said that he had already made up his mind.
"I'll make a decision fairly soon. And my… I must tell you — and I think I can say this — in my mind, I've already made the decision," the former president said.
Recent photographs from earlier this week showed Trump's son Eric's golf bag had "Trump 2024" emblazoned on it, in another hint that he intends to run for a third time.
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh