ECB president Christine Lagarde says it's 'very unlikely' that central banks will hold bitcoin in the near future
- ECB president Christine Lagarde said it was "very unlikely" central banks would soon hold
- "I would say it's out of the question," Lagarde said on a call hosted by
- Most European countries will require stimulus through 2021, she said.
"It's very unlikely - I would say it's out of the question," Lagarde said during a conference call hosted by The Economist.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black 2GB RAM 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
"All that is, sort of, a big series of clouds over our heads - and they'll clear one by one, hopefully," she said.Lagarde spoke in favor of stimulus measures being taken in the US, and in Europe, where she expects most countries to need stimulus into 2022. She urged member states to continue fiscal spending to avoid long-term downturns. "Both member states, and Europe at large, should continue to provide fiscal support to our economies at least throughout 2021, and probably beyond," Lagarde said.
She also said she wasn't worried about inflation, which she didn't expect to hit pre-pandemic levels until about 2023. Lagarde cautioned against comparing fiscal stimulus in Europe with the massive $1.9 trillion stimulus that President Joe Biden is proposing in the US.
"Let's not forget that we have two layers in this part of the world - where you have the national layer, then the regional, pan-European layer," she said.
- Today is the last day of Rolex Rings’ ₹731 crore IPO with a price band of ₹880-900
- Punjab to bring Bill to earmark welfare budget for SCs in proportionate to their population
- High Pressure car washer price in India
- Best boAt headphones to buy in India
- Nothing ear (1) review – clean sound, transparent design for the win