Eric Trump shared a fake QAnon-promoted video of a person claiming to burn 80 Trump ballots. It had been debunked by officials the day before.
- Eric Trump, President Donald Trump's second-eldest son, shared a video on Twitter on Wednesday that purported to show an anonymous man burning 80 ballots cast for his father.
- The video, first posted by a supporter of the QAnon conspiracy theory, is a fake.
- The version of the video Eric Trump shared received more than a million views before the account hosting it was suspended by Twitter.
Eric Trump, President Donald Trump's second-eldest son, shared a video on Twitter on Wednesday that purported to show an anonymous man burning 80 ballots cast for his father.
The video, first posted by a QAnon conspiracy-theory account, is a fake.
The footage shows a man pouring a flammable liquid into a bag of what he claims are 80 paper ballots "all for President Trump" and setting them on fire. The pieces of paper show races in Virginia Beach, Virginia, but are clearly sample ballots and not real votes, city officials told news outlets on Tuesday.
The video was discredited by officials on Tuesday, but both the right-wing site The Gateway Pundit and Eric Trump posted it Wednesday. The version of the video Eric Trump shared received more than a million views before the account hosting it was suspended by Twitter.
A spokesman for the Trump family didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Eric Trump, taking his father's lead, has aggressively spread disinformation about the election, baselessly claiming that Democrats are attempting to "steal" and "rig" the election. On Wednesday, he traveled to Pennsylvania with other members of the president's inner circle and falsely claimed his father had won the state, even though it continued to count hundreds of thousands of ballots.
The Trump campaign has sued to halt vote counting in Pennsylvania — a must-win battleground state for the president — as election officials continue to tabulate legally cast mail-in ballots.
—Drew Harwell (@drewharwell) November 5, 2020
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore