Joe Biden wins Hawaii's Democratic presidential primary
- Former Vice President
Joe Bidenwon Hawaii's Democratic presidential primary.
- Hawaii's Democratic Party held the primary almost entirely by mail over the course of several weeks due to concerns over the novel coronavirus.
Sen. Bernie Sanders officially dropped out of the presidential primary on April 8, making Biden the presumptive Democratic nominee.
Though Sanders will stay on the ballot in upcoming primaries and earn delegates from those contests for his representatives to have a seat on important Democratic National Convention committees, he formally endorsed Biden on April 13.
In the Democratic presidential primary, Hawaii allocates 29 pledged delegates to the Convention, with 15 allocated between the state's two congressional districts and nine allocated based on the statewide results.
Here's where Biden and Sanders currently stand in the delegate race, according to Decision Desk HQ and the University of Virginia Center for
Hawaii was initially slated to hold its primary, which is conducted by the state's Democratic Party, on April 4, but ended up holding the election almost entirely by mail over the course of several weeks due to concerns over the novel coronavirus.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Pan-India drug trafficking cartel using cryptocurrency through dark net busted
- Strengthening ties: India gifts 3,000 LPG gas stoves to underprivileged families in Nepal
- Honda unveils Elevate SUV to compete with Creta, Seltos and Grand Vitara
- Explained: Why Apple's new VR headset is the talk of the town despite being priced 3X more than Meta Quest Pro
- Aditya Birla Group to take on Tata, Reliance now in the branded jewellery space