John Bolton said Trump falsely declaring victory is a 'disgrace' and one of the most irresponsible things a president has ever done
- John Bolton, President Donald Trump's former national security advisor, described Trump's false declaration of victory in the presidential race as a "disgrace."
- "He has cast doubt on the integrity of the entire electoral process clearly for his own personal advantage," Bolton told Sky News.
- Trump had earlier claimed that "we have already won," and falsely declared victory in states where the result of the election had not been declared.
John Bolton, President Donald Trump's former national security advisor, has described President Donald Trump's false claim that he had won reelection as a "disgrace."
Bolton, in an interview on UK news network Sky News early Wednesday morning, described Trump's comments as "some of the most irresponsible comments a president has ever made."
—SkyNews (@SkyNews) November 4, 2020
He said: "We don't know what the outcome will be, it's entirely possible Trump will win, but he has cast doubt on the integrity of the entire electoral process clearly for his own personal advantage. It's a disgrace."
Hours before, Trump had declared "we did win this election," even though millions of legitimate votes were still being counted in swing states.
He also said he would dispute the election in the Supreme Court, though did not specify on what grounds.
Since leaving the White House last year, Bolton has has emerged as one of the most adamant critics of the president.
In his memoir, "The Room Where it Happened," he chronicles what he regarded as a series of irredeemable failures in Trumps' leadership. Among Bolton's claims were that Trump conditioned military aid to Ukraine on the country announcing a criminal probe into Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee.
The claim was at the center of Trump's impeachment trial, at which Bolton refused to testify, instead revealing the information in his book, released months later.
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024