Marjorie Taylor Greene deceptively tells Trump rally that Democrat 'killings' of Republicans have already started
- Marjorie Taylor Greene spoke at a rally for Donald Trump in Michigan on Saturday night.
- A video shows her accusing Democrats of murdering Republicans, saying the "killings" have already begun.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene deceptively claimed at a rally for former President Donald Trump in Warren, Michigan, on Saturday that Democrats are murdering Republicans.
"I'm not going to mince words with you all," Greene said. "Democrats want Republicans dead. They've already started the killings."
—The Republican Accountability Project (@AccountableGOP) October 1, 2022
Greene, who has repeatedly spread bizarre conspiracy theories, went on to reference two local news stories to support her baseless claim that Democrats are hunting down GOP voters.
"An 18-year-old was run down by a Democrat driver who confessed to killing the teenager simply because he was a Republican," said Greene. The claim was met with boos from the crowd.
Greene appears to be referring to an incident in North Dakota in which a man fatally struck a teenager with his SUV. The 41-year-old suspect, who fled the fatal crash scene, told police that he believed the 18-year-old victim was "part of a Republican extremist group" and had been "threatening him," per Dailymail.com.
However, North Dakota Highway Patrol Captain Bryan Niewind told Fox News that his department's investigations have "uncovered no evidence to support the claim" that the murder had anything to do with politics or that the victim was a Republican.
Greene also referenced an 83-year-old woman in Michigan who was "shot in the back for advocating for the unborn."
It refers to another local story in which a Michigan man reportedly shot an elderly pro-life volunteer who he said refused to leave his property. The unnamed canvasser got into a "screaming" match with the man's wife over abortion, per Fox News. The Michigan man, speaking to News 8, said he shot the 83-year-old by "accident" after accusing her several times of trespassing.
It is not known whether the Michigan man is a Democrat. The elderly woman survived. Michigan State Police is investigating the incident.
Greene continued her speech by making additional incendiary remarks. "Joe Biden has declared every freedom-loving American an enemy of the state," she said.
It was Trump who used this specific terminology, referring to President Joe Biden as an "enemy of the state" during a rally in Pennsylvania last month.
"We will take back our country from the communists who have stolen it and want us to disappear," she continued. "We will expose the unelected bureaucrats, the real enemies within, who have abused their power and have declared political warfare on the greatest president this country has ever had."
Insider contacted Greene for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World