More than 100 House Republicans will cohost a fundraiser for Rep. Liz Cheney's leading primary challenger
- More than 100 House Republicans are cohosting a fundraiser for
Liz Cheney's top primary challenger.
- The event is set to be held on March 30 at the home of GOP fundraiser Jeff Miller, per Politico.
More than 100 House Republicans are set to cohost a fundraiser for
Per the Politico report, the hosts of the event for Hageman will include House Minority Leader
Stefanik replaced Cheney as the chair of the
The fundraiser for Hageman, an attorney who specializes in water and natural resources issues, is slated to be held on March 30 at the home of GOP fundraiser Jeff Miller, a McCarthy ally.
Cheney has drawn an intense primary challenge after voting to impeach Trump for "incitement of insurrection" tied to the January 6, 2021, riot at the US Capitol, as well as her hard-charging role on the House committee investigating the insurrection.
In Hageman, Republicans are looking for a more reliable partner in a state that during the 2020 presidential election delivered the largest margin of victory for Trump over Joe Biden (70%-27%).
Trump endorsed Hageman last year. He's been especially interested in the race, even attempting to meddle into the way that primaries are held in the state in a bid to block Democrats and independents from crossing party lines to vote in the Republican primary.
Hageman is one of several candidates running in the Republican primary against Cheney, but she is the best-funded challenger.
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season