Nancy Pelosi says she won't decide whether she'll seek reelection as the House Speaker until the midterm election is over
- Nancy Pelosi said she won't comment on seeking reelection as House Speaker until the midterms conclude.
- Democrats and Republicans are still in tight races for control of the House of Representatives.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she won't decide whether she plans to seek reelection as the speaker until the midterms are over, adding that the decision will also be made with her family.
Pelosi's comments on Sunday morning come as control of the House of Representatives remains in limbo as 21 races have yet to be called.
On "This Week" on ABC News, host George Stephanopoulos asked Pelosi directly if she would run again for speaker should Democrats maintain control.
"Right now, I'm not making any comments until this election is finished and we have a little more time to go," Pelosi replied. "I wish it would be faster, but it isn't."
—This Week (@ThisWeekABC) November 13, 2022
On CNN's "State of the Union," Pelosi said her decision will come from deliberations with her family and the Democratic party. She added that she would make a decision by the time leadership elections are due to take place on November 30.
"The fact is, any decision to run is about family and also my colleagues," Pelosi said. "But none of it will be very much considered until we see what the outcome of all of this is."
Pelosi previously told CNN's Anderson Cooper that her decision would be affected by "what happened that last week or two," referring to the violent assault on her husband, Paul, that left him hospitalized with a skull fracture.
The House Speaker added that the "speaker has awesome power, but I will always have influence."
"There are all kinds of ways to exert influence," Pelosi said.
- Cabinet approves royalty rates for mining of 12 critical minerals
- Paytm and Paytm Payments Bank mutually agree to discontinue various inter-company agreements
- Platinum Industries IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%