Nancy Pelosi's husband is expected to make 'full recovery' following successful surgery to repair a skull fracture after he was attacked in their San Francisco home
- Nancy Pelosi's husband is expected to make a full recovery after he was attacked during a home invasion.
- Early Friday morning, an attacker broke into the Pelosis' California home and assaulted Paul Pelosi with a hammer.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul Pelosi is expected to make a "full recovery" after he was attacked in their California home early Friday morning, the speaker's office said.
Just before 2:30 a.m. local time Friday morning, an attacker broke into Pelosi's San Francisco home reportedly searching for the House Speaker before the assailant "violently assaulted" her 82-year-old husband Paul Pelosi with a hammer.
Paul Pelosi was hospitalized at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital with blunt-force trauma to his head and body. The House Speaker was in Washington, DC, with her protective detail at the time of the attack, according to authorities.
Nancy Pelosi's office released a statement about Paul Pelosi's condition later Friday afternoon, saying he underwent a successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and was also treated for "serious injuries to his right arm and hands," per the release. His doctors said he is expected to make a full recovery.
"The Speaker and her family are thankful for the outpouring of support and prayers from friends, constituents, and people around the country," Pelosi's office said in the statement. "The Pelosi family is immensely grateful to Mr. Pelosi's entire medical team and the law enforcement officers who responded to the assault. The family appreciates respect for their privacy during this time."
Police identified the suspect as 42-year-old David DePape, who is currently in police custody following the incident.
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight