Rep. Eric Swalwell says he received a voicemail threatening to 'cut his kids' heads off,' blames GOP for 'stoking violent rhetoric'
- Rep. Eric Swalwell shared a disturbing voice message he got at one of his California offices.
- In the message, the unidentified caller says his kids and wife should be decapitated.
Rep. Eric Swalwell shared a chilling voice message he says he received in which the caller calls for the decapitation of his wife and three kids.
The call, nearly two minutes in length, is laced with profanities and slurs. It was left on his machine in his district office in Castro Valley, California. Swalwell posted the call to Twitter earlier this week.
—Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) August 10, 2022
"I hope someone cuts that motherf---er throat from ear to ear. Cut his f---ing head off," a man's voice is heard saying in the audio he shared. "Swalwell's a worthless piece of sh--. Cut his wife's head off, cut his kids' heads off. I don't give a f--k."
The call comes amid an FBI probe into former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida. The FBI on Monday conducted a raid on his Florida property, and unsealed court documents reveal that the probe was part of an investigation into whether Trump had violated three laws related to the handling of government documents.
Swalwell said in his tweet that he believes he's being targeted by Republican politicians and voters because of the raid.
"LISTEN to this death threat against my children. Since the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago, Trump, McCarthy, and MAGA Republicans are stoking violent rhetoric against lawmakers and law enforcement," he said. "Someone is going to get killed."
This isn't the first time Swalwell has shared a threatening voice message he's received.
Last year, he shared the audio of a disturbing voice message from a Tucker Carlson fan. The caller left racist, homophobic, and sexist language on the voicemail, which was littered with slurs.
"As for these foreign invaders you're letting into this country, I hope they chop you, your family up and feed them to their dogs," an unidentified male voice said on the message. "There's your free speech for today, asshole, from Trump Nation!"
- Explosion at Rameshwaram Cafe in Whitefield, Bengaluru; Police investigating cause
- Sensex, Nifty hit record high levels on impressive GDP data, foreign fund inflows
- Xiaomi launches HyperOS in India – eligible devices, rollout schedule and more
- Yash Raj Films launches casting app for acting aspirants
- Tata Motors sales rise 8 pc in February at 86,406 units