Rev. Jesse Jackson transferred to rehab facility, unvaccinated wife in ICU as COVID-19 symptoms persist
- The Rev.
Jesse Jacksonhas been transferred to a rehab facility after being hospitalized for COVID-19.
unvaccinatedwife, Jacqueline Jackson, has been moved to the ICU at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
- The couple's son asked well-wishers to remain "prayerful" for those suffering as a result of COVID-19.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson, 79, has been transferred to a rehabilitation facility at Northwestern Memorial Hospital while his wife, Jacqueline, has been moved to the ICU as her COVID-19 symptoms persist, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
His wife, who is receiving increased oxygen, is breathing on her own and is not on a ventilator, said their son Jonathan Jackson in a statement.
They were both admitted to the hospital with COVID-19 last week, Insider previously reported.
"We continue to receive the love that is being poured out to our family from around the world and it is greatly appreciated, as we express our love and concern for the millions of people who have been victimized by the COVID-19 virus and its variants," the son said in the statement. "We know this is a dangerous disease, so please remain prayerful for all of those who are suffering as a result."
Rev Jackson received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in January, NPR reported. He received his first dose as part of a publicized event to encourage Black people to get vaccinated, NBC News said.
So-called breakthrough COVID-19 infections for vaccinated individuals have been reported, especially among older or immunocompromised Americans. Experts say that those who are fully vaccinated are more likely to describe their conditions as mild.
Jacqueline Jackson has not been vaccinated, a family spokesperson told the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala