Rudy Giuliani ordered by judge to testify in Georgia's probe of 2020 election tampering after he dodges subpoena
Rudy Giulianihas been ordered by a judge to testify in Georgia's election-interference probe.
- He didn't show up for a July 11 hearing in New York to show cause why he could not testify in Georgia.
Rudy Giuliani has been ordered by a judge to testify as prosecutors in Georgia investigate attempts by former President Donald Trump's associates to throw out the results of the 2020 election in the state.
Giuliani was first subpoenaed earlier this month to appear in a New York court on July 11 to show cause why he could not appear and testify before a Fulton County special grand jury investigating election interference.
But Giuliani did not show up for the hearing, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis wrote in a Wednesday notice.
Now, the former Trump lawyer has received a final order to appear before the grand jury in Georgia on August 9, according to Willis' notice to Superior Court Judge Robert C. I. McBurney, which was obtained by POLITICO.
The investigation has led to subpoenas of several Trump insiders, including his legal advisor John Eastman, and Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, as prosecutors focus on whether Trump and his allies illegally pressured officials in Georgia to help overturn Joe Biden's 2020 presidential victory.
Trump called on Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger at the time to "find" more than 11,000 votes for him, and Graham also called Raffensperger to encourage him to question absentee ballots.
Rep. Jody Hice, a Georgia Republican who has parroted Trump's false claims of voter fraud in the state, was subpoenaed and his office said on Monday that the matter was transferred to a federal court.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns