Trump and Biden will participate in separate town halls at the same time instead of 2nd presidential debate
Donald Trumpwill participate in an NBC News town hallon Thursday evening, the network announced on Wednesday.
- The town hall will take place at the same time as his 2020 Democratic opponent's
Joe Biden's on ABC News, which was announced last week.
- The change of schedule came after Trump refused to take part in a second presidential
debatevirtually, which the commission suggested out of concern of his possible health risk following his coronavirus diagnosis.
- Both candidates will appear on separate stages at 8 p.m. EST on Thursday.
- Here's how to watch the events.
President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden are scheduled to duel Thursday evening, but not on a debate stage as initially planned.
The president has agreed to take part in a town hall in Miami hosted by NBC News, the network announced on Wednesday. The event will start at 8 p.m. EST, at the same time as Biden's scheduled town hall in Philadelphia with ABC News, which the former vice president announced last week.
Trump's new plans come after he refused to participate in a second presidential debate that would have been held virtually, leading the Commission on Presidential Debates, which organizes the election events, to cancel it altogether.
The Commission decided to shift the 90-minute face-off online out of health concerns with Trump positive diagnosis for COVID-19 on October 2.
Trump's doctor said earlier this week that the president has tested negative and is no longer infectious, but the Commission had already announced that it had shifted its focus toward the final presidential debate on October 22.
Trump's NBC town hall will be moderated by "Today" anchor Savannah Guthrie and include questions from a group of Florida voters in the audience.
Biden's ABC event will be moderated by anchor George Stephanopoulos.
How to watch
Cable TV owners can watch Trump's town hall on NBC
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO