Trump lawyer accuses House managers of manipulating evidence by pointing to doctored tweets that weren't used in the impeachment trial
Trumplawyer David Schoenaccused House managers of manipulating evidence in the impeachment trial.
- Schoen said Friday that the managers "created false representation of tweets."
- However, the doctored tweets were never presented in the trial.
Donald Trump's lawyer David Schoen claimed on Friday that House
"There is significant reason to doubt the evidence the House managers have put before us," Schoen said during his defense of Trump in his second
But the House impeachment managers never presented the doctored tweets at the trial, which Schoen himself noted. Instead, they presented a screenshot of Trump's retweet, correctly dated January 3, 2021, which has since been taken down as his account is permanently suspended. They also showed the follow-up tweet with the same date."To be fair, the House managers caught this error before showing it on the Senate floor, so you never saw it when it was presented to you," Schoen said Friday.
Trump's defense lawyers are presenting their case on Friday that this impeachment trial is unconstitutional because Trump is no longer president, and that his speech shortly before the January 6 riot is protected under the First Amendment. Their arguments come after House impeachment managers have directly blamed Trump for his role in the riot and accused him of "incitement of insurrection."
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion