Trump said he's 'done more in 47 months as president' than Joe Biden has over the years, but he's only been in office for 45 months
- At his Nevada rally on Saturday night, President
Trumptold the crowd that he's "done more in 47 months than Joe Biden has in 47 years."
- However, Trump has been in office for less than 45 months.
- Trump at the rally also told supporters he plans to "negotiate" for a third term, saying he's "entitled to another four' years after a potential second term.
However, Trump was sworn in as president on January 20, 2017, meaning his presidency is currently in its 45th month. He and Vice President Mike Pence won the election on November 8, 2016, but did not enter office until his inauguration in January.
In his speech, Trump went on to brag about killing Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the former leader of ISIS, and the assassination of Qasem Soleimani, an Iranian major general, an action that has been described as "tantamount to an act of war" with a country that the US is not at war with.
FiveThirtyEight's national polling average shows Biden holds a steady lead over Trump in the
There's also the possibility that Trump may not accept the results of the November election if they favor Biden. Former adviser Roger Stone urged Trump to declare martial law if he loses the election, based on conspiracy theories that the Democratic party would tamper with the election.
Trump also told his supporters in the rally that he would try to negotiate a third term.
"52 days from now we're going to win Nevada, and we're gonna win four more years in the White House. And then after that, we'll negotiate, right? Because we're probably — based on the way we were treated — we are probably entitled to another four after that," he said.
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30