Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair when he was on 'The Apprentice' and wrote it off as a business expense: NYT
Donald Trumpspent more than $70,000 to style his hair — and wrote it off as a business expense — when he was on " The Apprentice," The New York Times reported Sunday.
- The Times obtained decades of Trump's
tax returns, compiling a much-anticipated report on Sunday that found the president had avoided paying federal income taxfor much of the past two decades.
- The bombshell report included the detail that Trump wrote off haircuts and styling as business expenses and also that nine Trump entities paid nearly $100,000 to Trump's daughter Ivanka's hair and makeup artist.
- The Times found that Trump avoided paying federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years and paid just $750 in taxes in both 2016 and 2017.
- The tax-return data also showed that Trump's businesses reported major losses and that he avoided paying income taxes "largely because he reported losing much more money than he made," the report said.
- At a press conference on Sunday, Trump denied the Times report. "It's totally fake
news. Made up, fake," he told reporters at the White House.
- Read the full report by The Times here.
Popular on BI
- RBI directs all banks to keep branches open till March 31 for annual closing
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge up in morning trade driven by auto and PSU bank stocks
- Strong tremors jolt Delhi-NCR, other parts of north India; no immediate loss of life or property reported
- At least 9 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing