Trump spent more than $70,000 to style his hair when he was on 'The Apprentice' and wrote it off as a business expense: NYT
Donald Trumpspent more than $70,000 to style his hair — and wrote it off as a business expense — when he was on " The Apprentice," The New York Times reported Sunday.
- The Times obtained decades of Trump's
tax returns, compiling a much-anticipated report on Sunday that found the president had avoided paying federal income taxfor much of the past two decades.
- The bombshell report included the detail that Trump wrote off haircuts and styling as business expenses and also that nine Trump entities paid nearly $100,000 to Trump's daughter Ivanka's hair and makeup artist.
- The Times found that Trump avoided paying federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years and paid just $750 in taxes in both 2016 and 2017.
- The tax-return data also showed that Trump's businesses reported major losses and that he avoided paying income taxes "largely because he reported losing much more money than he made," the report said.
- At a press conference on Sunday, Trump denied the Times report. "It's totally fake
news. Made up, fake," he told reporters at the White House.
- Read the full report by The Times here.
Popular on BI
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data
- Bharti Airtel’s cash flows will grow for 2 years after 5G spectrum purchases too: Moody’s