Wisconsin's senators - a Democrat and a Republican - issue joint statement warning against politicizing the Waukesha tragedy
- A man drove his SUV through a Christmas parade in
Waukesha, Wisconsin, last Sunday.
senators– a Democrat and a Republican – asked people not to politicize the tragedy.
Wisconsin's two senators, Democrat Tammy Baldwin and Republican Ron Johnson, issued a joint statement asking people outside the state not to politicize last weekend's Waukesha tragedy.
"It has come to our attention that outside individuals or groups may attempt to exploit the tragedy that occurred last Sunday in Waukesha for their own political purposes. As the US Senators representing Wisconsin, one from each political party, we are asking anyone considering such action to cease and desist," Baldwin and Johnson wrote.
On Sunday, a red SUV drove through barricades and smashed into crowds of people at a Christmas parade in Waukesha, which is part of the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
Waukesha Police Chief Daniel Thompson said suspect Darrell E. Brooks, 39, was involved in a domestic dispute just minutes before he "intentionally" drove his car into the crowd.
The crash resulted in six deaths: five adults and one child.
It's not immediately clear who the senators' letter is directed towards. They said local officials should be given
"respect and support" with interference as they investigate and sort out the aftermath of the crash and added the investigation should not be made more difficult by a "politically charged atmosphere."
"Their top priority is to begin the healing process within Waukesha by providing comfort and support to surviving family members of the deceased, and those injured both in body and spirit," the senators wrote.
- Bank of Baroda expects 25-35 basis points rate hike from Dec 5-7 RBI policy meet
- More to be expected from RBI's MPC meeting than just a rate hike say experts
- Indian markets open the week on a mixed note – SBI, Maruti Suzuki, Inox Green Energy among stocks in focus
- Canada overwhelmed with 'tridemic' of Covid-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus
- With an eye on listing in the future, Jio Haptik trains guns on growth & profitability
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World