Popular Budgeting App Mint Adds Bitcoin Support With Coinbase
The very popular personal finance app Mint just added integration with Coinbase - a bitcoin wallet service - to let users track their bitcoin spending alongside their other budgeting, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
Users will be able to quickly and easily track how much their stockpile of bitcoins is worth and view their spending (though, because of its volatility, Bitcoin is treated more like an asset that people buy and trade, rather than spend).
Mint is the first app of its kind to support the cryptocurrency.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
This marks a hurdle of sorts for Bitcoin, which is finally starting to shed its doubters and become more mainstream.
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister