Porsche's answer to the Tesla Model X is here
- Porsche unveiled the new Mission e Cross Turismo at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
- The Cross Turismo is an all-electric crossover wagon designed to take on the Tesla Model X.
- The Porsche can to 60 mph in less than 3.5 seconds.
- The Cross Turismo's battery pack hand be charged up with 249 miles of range in just 15 minutes.
Porsche is set to do battle with Tesla for supremacy in the world of high-performance electric vehicles. The automotive wing of Elon Musk's empire's string of hits including the Model S luxury sedan, Model X crossover SUV, and the Model 3 mainstream sedan.
On Tuesday, Porsche introduced Mission e Cross Turismo at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. It is the latest model to enter the fray on behalf of the Stuttgart, Germany-based sports car and SUV specialists.
According to Porsche, the Mission e Cross Turismo is a crossover wagon with extra ride height. And it's aimed directly Tesla's ground-breaking Model X. In the same way that the Mission e sedan is targeted at the Model S.
We don't yet know everything about the car.
The most high-end Tesla, the Cross Turismo features twin electric motors, one for the front axle, one for the rear. This gives the car virtual all-wheel-drive. The result is 0-60 mph in less than 3.5 seconds and 0-124 mph in under 12 seconds. That's not quite as quick as the top-of-the-line Model X P100D.
In February, Porsche announced that it will spend $7.4 billion on electric mobility by 2022. Included in this spending plan is $620 million for the development of Mission e electric vehicles including the Cross Turismo.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams