Here are all the industries that Narendra Modi invited to set up shop in J&K
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation to speak out for the first time since
Article 370was scrapped.
- Modi in his speech invited several industries to set up businesses in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Bollywood too found a mention in Modi’s speech, as he invited film industries to shoot movies in Kashmir.
AdvertisementPrime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Thursday evening to speak about the government’s decision to scrap Article 370, separating Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh and turning them into union territories.
Modi said that the decision would bring a lot of benefits to the people of Jammu & Kashmir and will also invite industries to set up shop in the union territories. The Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) is also organising an investment summit in Jammu & Kashmir in October.
Here are all the industries that he invited to set shop:
Jammu & Kashmir, which is referred to as the crown of India, has long been referred to as “Heaven on earth” for its picturesque beauty. With Article 370 gone, Modi said that focus will be on making it centre of tourism globally.
“Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh can become the biggest tourist destination in the world. Ladakh has the potential to become the biggest center of spiritual tourism, adventure tourism and ecotourism,” he said.
The Modi government has long been promoting solar power in India. With Ladakh as a separate union territory, Modi said focus would also be on making it a major centre for solar power generation.
“Now there will be proper use of its potential and new opportunities will be created for development without discrimination,” said Modi.
AdvertisementGiven the technology boost in the country, and the Modi government’s digital boost, there were no surprises that PM Modi spoke about enhancing digital communication in the area and called out to the tech industries to set up businesses. “Public sector undertakings and large private companies will also be encouraged to provide jobs,” said Modi.
Modi also spoke about organic farming in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
He said, “Several herbal and organic products are scattered across J&K and Ladakh. If they are identified and marketed in the global market, then it will greatly benefit the people and farmers of these regions. I urge the enterprises from all over India to come forward for this.”
AdvertisementAnd of course, Bollywood has found a mention in almost every other big speech under the BJP regime. Modi too spoke about Bollywood’s contribution in Kashmir’s growth. He said that earlier a lot of films used to be shot in Kashmir, however it went down as the political situation changed. Now, he urged not just the Hindi, Telugu and Tamil film industries to shoot movies in Kashmir, and provide local people with job opportunities.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry