Four soldiers killed in Pulwama during encounter between Indian security forces and militants: Report
- One army officer and four soldiers among killed.
- A gunfight erupted facing off security personnel and up to three militants.
- The overnight encounter took place 10 kilometres from site of
Seven people, including an Indian Army major and two Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militants, were reportedly killed in a gunfight in
Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Rajesh Kalia said: "One of the two slain JeM terrorists was a top commander and belonged to Pakistan."
According to an NDTV report, one army officer and three soldiers were killed during the encounter when terrorists opened fire on Indian security forces in Pulwama.
On Sunday night, a gunfight erupted facing off security personnel from the Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operations Group (SOG) of the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and militants, after the former received a tip off that militants from Jaish-e-Muhammad were hiding there, IANS reported.
“As the cordon was tightened, the holed-up militants fired triggering the gunfight," IANS reported citing police sources.
As of Monday morning, a search operation was still underway at the site some 10 kilometres away from the spot where last week an SUV packed with explosives rammed into a bus carrying CRPF personnel, killing at least 45 Indian security personnel, in one of the worst militant attacks in the valley.
India vows an ‘unforgettable lesson’ for the terrorists who killed 42 troopers
AdvertisementIndian government is raging at Pakistan again—here's a look at its policy so far
Popular on BI
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu