Putin Says Shame On The Western World
On Thursday Russian President Vladimir Putin doubled-down on that criticism by reiterating that the West has sacrificed stability in Middle East and North Africa to their political ambitions.
Alexei Anishchuk of Reuters reports that Putin told foreign ambassadors that the Western-backed Syrian revolution, combined with the Libyan revolution, led to the Algerian hostage crisis that took the lives of 39 foreigners.
"The Syrian conflict has been raging for almost two years now. Upheaval in
It's not entirely clear how funneling weapons to Syrian rebels led to the tragedy in Algeria. Nevertheless, Putin seems to be taking the opportunity to rail against the recent practice by Western nations to ally with radical jihadists to overthrow a sitting leader.
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x