Rail Budget 2015 to run on Swachh Bharat track
AdvertisementIn line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s
According to the ET report, Prabhu is likely to announce a number of measures to promote cleanliness, which may include coverage of more trains under on-board housekeeping services (OBHS), building bio-toilets and providing dustbins in all coaches. Moreover, he may also introduce some measures to improve facilities at stations.
The budget this year will also consider problems faced by visually challenged passengers as the railway minister is expected to come up with a proposal to provide Braille signs at stations.
However, due to the poor financial health of the railways, there is less probability of any big announcement this year. Currently, Indian Railways faces the challenge to generate funds worth Rs 1.7 lakh crore to finance about 300 projects.
In addition to this, the ministry also plans to raise funds from Members of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) scheme, state governments and the corporate social responsibility (CSR) scheme.
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP