Railway ministry is working with Apple, other tech companies. Here’s why
"You can yourself imagine how much travelling time this will save,” he said.
Sharing plans for the future, Prabhu said the government had six-eight months ago called major technology developers working on increasing train speeds to more than 600 km per hour.
"We are already working with companies like Apple... technology will not only be imported in India but will be co- developed in India," Prabhu said.
Safety was also an important concern and Indian railways was planning to use self-propelled coaches that can detect rail fractures through ultrasonic technology, the minister added.
Popular on BI
- Former MP and noted Malayalam actor Innocent passes away at 75
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid mixed global cues: Nykaa, Bharat Electronics, Adani Total Gas among stocks in focus
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel