Railways to ask for private bids for manufacturing modern coaches
AdvertisementIndian Railways will be inviting financial bids worth over Rs 20,000 crore at the
Also read: Indian Railways is not in the pink of health; turnaround hits buffers
The public transporter aims to get 500 Electric Multiple Unit and Mainline Electric Multiple Unit coaches per year so that local and mainline train services can be made faster and comfortable.
These new coaches would have automatic doors, forced ventilation system, bio-toilets, regenerative braking system and better interior designs, and would be made of stainless steel.
Also read: From berth availability to platform number, this app will address all train related issues soon
"We will issue the request for proposal (RFP) this month for the Kanchrapara coach factory in Bengal," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
By inviting financial bids, railways would make sure that only the vendors that would be meeting the organisation's needs apply, and it would also be easier to compare the proposals.
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date