RANKED: 23 Netflix original shows from worst to best
We know which shows people are talking about, like "House of Cards" or "Orange Is the New Black" (new season June 17), but that doesn't necessarily represent the quality of the show.
To get a sense of how Netflix's shows stack up against one another, we turned to the reviews aggregator Metacritic, which pulls in critic (and audience) reviews from all over the world. We looked only at dramas and comedies Netflix had originated, and they had to have been reviewed by at least a few top critics. That left 23.
There were a few surprises in the data, one of which was that after a stellar end to 2015, Netflix has been in a bit of slump.
Here are Netflix's 23 original shows, ordered from worst to best critical reception:
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins